EDINA provides key map data services including the following:
- Digimap (Ordnance Survey online and downloadable map data)
- GoGeo (geospatial data resource discovery tool)
- Census Geography (Census and other map boundary data)
- and the EDINA agcensus service (grid-square Agricultural Census data).
Additionally, following registration (free for UK academic users), the Digimap OpenStream service provides access to a Web Map Service (WMS) offering Ordnance Survey OpenData products:
- GB Overview
- Vector Map District Raster
- 1:250,000 Colour Raster
- OS StreetView
Once registered, you can use the Digimap OpenStream API to do things like:
- Mashups, combining OS Opendata with maps and data from other sources.
- adding OS Opendata to Google Earth.
- Embed maps in your website.
- provide OS mapping in your own applications.
- provide OS mapping in a Desktop GIS project.
All without the overheads of downloading and managing large quantities of data.